What does Context do?
Context Economic and Social Research provide a range of services:
• Business Needs and Economic strategy
• Business support programme development & evaluation
• Funding bid and application support
• Social research and policy review
• Business plan reviews and development
• Project appraisal and programme evaluation
• Economic development research
• Socio-economic baselines and analysis
• Social Enterprise support
• Skills and labour market research
• Sector studies
Context Lead, Richard Whitcomb, has led commissions for the Scottish Government (SG), the UK Government, Scottish Enterprise (SE), Highlands and Islands Enterprise (HIE), Skills Development Scotland (SDS), regional partnerships and local authorities.
He has worked for the European Commission and been part of senior teams leading projects reporting to Visit Scotland, Consumer Focus Scotland, the Business Gateway, CoSLA and the former Regional Development Agencies in England. On many occasions, Richard has worked directly for the private sector.